SPLASH INFO SHORT & SWEET:
- San Antonio Splash is based out of TMI: The Episcopal School of Texas in NW San Antonio. Team membership is open to any and all children in the SA area
- Registration Fee is $225, decreases by $25 per child, 4th child is free
- Fee covers all costs including team cap & t-shirt. Only extra cost is team suit
- We welcome all swimmers ages 4-18.
- For newer and younger swimmers....being able to swim the length of the pool IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. But, competent swimming ability, the courage to try and a coachable attitude is required. Please note that the San Antonio Splash is a NO CRY ZONE! Our coaches have giant, loving hearts but they are also responsible for every child in the pool and negativity(ie.crying) is contagious. Parents, please help us out on this and the year will go by smoothly and successfully.
- A swimmer’s age for the entire Season is determined by her / his age as of June First of the current Season (2016). You must be 18 years or younger on June 1.
- Season runs from May 15-July 9. You do not need to make all practice or all meets.
- Hour long PM practices run from 4-8pm; AM practices from 8-12pm. Click on SCHEDULE/MEET INFO TAB for more information
- All 4 dual meets run on Mondays in June. See below for exact dates
- Swimmers who have achieved a 2016 – 2017 TAGS time (for the age group in which they will compete in summer league), short or long course, will swim exhibition INDIVIDUALLY in dual meets, but MAY score in all relays. They are, however, ineligible and MAY NOT participate in ANY North East AASSL individual or relay event in the North East Conference CHAMPIONSHIP MEET IN JULY. If such TAGS time is achieved after the summer season has begun the swimmer MAY PARTICIPATE IN ALL DUAL MEETS AND THE CHAMPIONSHIPS!.
- Swimmers who may have ever achieved a USA Swimming Sectional time, short or long course, in any event or who may do so during any AASSL Season may not participate in ANY NE AASSL competition at any time or under any circumstances.
- All swimmers may swim in the dual meets, but must qualify for Championships. Although some of the standards are challenging, having the time standards for championships makes each and every meet exciting and motivating and creates a great sense of accomplishment for those who do achieve the championship standards!
First Evening Practice: May 15
First Morning Practice: June 2
Swim Meets: Each Monday (4 weeks)
June 5, June 12, June 19 & June 26
Junior Championships: Saturday, July 1
Championships: Both the 10&U and 11&Over groups appear to be scheduled for Sunday, July 9. With the Blossom Athletic Center being under construction pool space and time are limited. We are lucky to have a pool for championships at all! So, it looks as if older kids in the am and younger kids in the afternoon and everyone will compete at the OUTDOOR NORTHSIDE AQUATIC CENTER off of I-10 and Bandera Rd.